Home » S & R Reflection

S & R Reflection

I am not sure what the genre of my S and R essay is. All that I can say is that it is like a rhetorical situation since I am giving the reader something to read which is my essay and the argument, I decided to peruse on. Relaying knowledge that may already be obvious to some. Aside from English class itself, the reason I decided to write about this subject, summarize first what Freud says in Lecture I about the attitude of most doctors towards hysterical patients. Then summarize what he says about Breuer’s attitude towards these patients. Do you think “The Yellow Wallpaper” illustrates Freud’s criticism of most doctors? because it was easier to complete even though it was not. It is noticeable in my paper. 

Something that I hoped to accomplish was answering the question I chose, obviously. But I hope that it made some type of sense without me repeating myself, and I hoped I portrayed my argument in a way for others to understand. Yes, the main goal was not repeating myself since that is something that I tend to do whenever I write my analysis. The potential audience is people who wonder why older people/doctors do not believe in mental illnesses or wonder about the same thing but in the past. It makes sense since doctors were new to the area of psychoanalysis and did not know how to “fix” their patient’s illness. The medium I used to try to communicate my message was through my analysis, or at least tried to. Despite me saying I repeat myself in this portion, I am decent when explaining my evidence in the past. I tried sharing how Freuds lecture and TYW correlate with how Doctors do not pay attention to hysterical patients. I shared a bunch of stuff, but I also did not share everything I wanted to. This is where I struggled with since I was over thinking the question using another set of evidence and analysis. But I am glad I decided on a set.