Home » Exploratory Essay Reflection

Exploratory Essay Reflection

I’m going, to be honest, and say that I was lost and confused as to what to write about. I was like this for a while and put the essay aside without looking into the question deeply. The majority of the quotes/scenes I present are pretty similar if not the same. I only spoke about 3 aspects of dreamwork which I feel wasn’t enough but I still had to put my thoughts into words. I wanted to write about how specific scenes of A Country Doctor relate to the 3 things of dreamwork I wrote which was a wishful impulse, latent content, and condensation. I wanted the audience to see the similarities and the connections between all of the pieces of evidence used. Along with the little symbol of worms and how it can represent a person in a situation that’s not very appropriate to say but for assignment purposes, it’s sex. The worm represents a penis and the groom while the boy’s wound would represent a vagina and the part where it says something along the lines of the worm destroying the wound/person itself. That represents the groom trying to make do with the doctor’s assistant Rose as mentioned multiple times in my essay. The whole story of A Country Doctor is like a dream itself and with the journey, we go through, we pretty much realize that the doctor wants to indulge like the groom but he can’t since his profession comes first which is another example of wishful impulse but can’t. Either way it’s similar to a dream since all of the symbols and events are important aspects of a dream the people, the reader would remember.