Home » CRA Reflection

CRA Reflection

For the CRA paper, I didn’t really have a specific tone I wanted to use since I was just saying what was on my mind at the current moment. But for now, I believe the tone would be serious and a little assertive in some portions of the piece. The audience would be those who are learning more about Eight bites and or want to know how certain aspects of tradition can possibly destroy family dynamics. Obviously, the older generation might think that traditions aren’t going to do that but bring people closer to one another, but this is not the case.  The tone could be better in general since I’m just saying information just going with the flow if that makes sense and it varies from paragraph to paragraph. The audience doesn’t really matter to me since it can be for whoever is interested in the topic that I wrote about or is like it.  

Exigence is the part that plays to my piece if writing since it kind of sets the tone and the expectations of my paper. Like the genre of my writing a little since both ties together like the FIQWS classes. The seriousness kind of brings out the emphasis on my response for the CRA essay, I wrote where the idea of wanting to be like the mother, the narrator does whatever to do it even though she loses her connection to her daughter.  

Overall, I don’t think the CRA helped me meet the learning outcomes, only a little but for the most part no. I don’t feel as if I learned anything when it came to writing. The expectations for the assignments I kind of already knew because of high school since I wrote in a similar format and was graded based upon it. Although I probably never showed it in my actual writing which is weird. The things that I have learned though are finding new sources, more so the websites to find more. I always relied on google but never thought about the library’s website as one and the other similar also google scholar since in high school it was a bit difficult to find scholarly sources but now it is easier so this is something I will make use of.